Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Creative Adoption Day Gift

What a weekend so far. I think I may have spent about 12 hours with little sponge brushes, pencils and cotton tees. Whew. I finished up a custom order for a sweet little baby who is due on my birthday and also made a shirt for Giraffe's friend.

Little N's adoption day is today! He was brought home by his parents just year ago. Seems like he's been home forever. He's a wonderful little boy with a big heart and great sense of humor. He and his family are such kind people we are lucky to know them!
I struggled with what to give him, I knew a toy wouldn't do. His family is very active in the Ethiopian community here. They are always going to celebrations and playgroups.  Little N will have a great grasp of his heritage and is already calling his native land 'Epi.' Love it! I thought of the perfect thing, can't wait to give it to him:

I used a cotton tee and my lovely Silhouette SD. The letters were from How About Orange my new favorite font, Sybil Green. Isn't it sweet?

3 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!! N is going to love this! I didn't know his adoption day was today. That's so exciting!
    P.S YOU'RE SO CREATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adoption Day's are very special!! My husband adopted my oldest two daughters on 3/9/2009 and we have a special celebration every year to remember it.

    It looks great! Excellent work!

    Cate Potenza

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so wonderful! Happy Adoption Day!
    ~The Chapmans

    ReplyDelete