Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sweet Things: These are a few of my favorite things... this week

Did that title just cue the Sound of Music? V Clear visions of clothes made of curtains and amazing musical numbers? Great, I succeeded today.

A new little feature for my blog, Sweet Things. There are days when I feel that I have nothing to blog about, if you can believe it. I loathe taking photos and having the hassle of uploading editing etc so this is a little easier for this mommy of an almost 2 year old. Sweet Things will be posts about things I am liking, no LOVING at this moment. So let's begin!

I am digging embroidery work. I have no plans to start doing it myself, but there is something that lingers deep in me each time I pass the section with embroidery hoops at the craft store. Isn't this one from LilacSaloon sweet?

This room from Design Crisis  encourages me to step it up a notch with Giraffe's room. Dare to be different it screams! Love the custom made curtains and thrifty style. Yellow is sooo going to be a part of my life in a big way. 


Dottie Angel never ceases to amaze with her vintage mashups and lovely taste. Love this tea towel. Its too pretty to use! Would make a lovely wall hanging. 
Excuse my language but- holy crap this is the best body moisturizer hands down. The price tag almost had me fooled and kinda made me want to walk away. I splurged on the 13$ creme and haven't looked back since. 



One of my fav daily reads is IKEA Hackers. This is one of the best and most simple hacks I have seen. 
Really? Why didn't any of us think of this before! ? 

1 comment:

  1. Oh thank you for the feature on your blog! I am so glad that you love the embroidery :) It was so fun for me to make and I always love a good "Home Sweet Home" sign! xo

    ReplyDelete