Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Quick Sneak Peek at the Studio...

FROM THIS.... 

This was my work space a few months ago. My last show my stuff exploded into the living room. My poor family. It was chaotic. A creative mind is priceless.

TO THIS...

2 DAYS LATER! Its coming along, right? 

I am currently in the process of organizing fabric. Pressing and putting together scraps, sorting wools and winding ribbons. It's exhausting. All the little knick-nacks are sorted through and in their perspective storage jars and boxes.

Here is a little sneak peek at my idea board for my studio space:
My Craft Room
Wall Color: 
At the moment I am stuck with the colors on the walls as its too cold to paint, so bright ass yellow and country blue will have to do. I am thinking of getting some interesting wall paper to tack into the built ins. I am stalking the PaperSource and Papyrus for something of interest. So far I am liking this:


Storage:I am utilizing some kraft colored photo boxes from my previous attempt at a studio. Lots of lovely IKEA boxes and accents including the white modern chair.

Furniture: The desk features only four drawers and is very similar to the one pictured. Large and oak for 19.99 at Savers. It has a HUGE workspace. I am in love with it. Perfect for the room.

Lighting: Lots of natural light in the new room. Not sure about the lamps quite yet. Any ideas?

Giraffe's corner:I have a cheapo table I painted orange ages ago. I think its going to be painted in chalkboard too. I found a sweet little wooden vintage chair that it will pair nicely with. I'd like to do some canvas wall pockets for his artsy things and a few clothespin hangers for his art.

Decor: I am in love and might just marry my new owl calendar from Gingiber. It is one of the most beautiful things I have ever owned. It was an impulse buy that I will never regret.
I plan on making an idea board from two drawers and painting them with chalkboard paint. I also plan to purchase some fun prints.

Alas back to ironing and folding... 


1 comment:

  1. I am very jealous of the crafting space you have. Very. Even if it is messy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete