Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sweet Letter Writing Kit

It's that time of year again- well I guess it's always that time of year for birthdays. We are so thankful to have lots of great friends and be so cool that we get invited to so many birthday parties. My wallet, however, is not too keen on the idea...

I am fortunate that I can sew, BUT I don't always have time time to make an elaborate gift with the 3beegeebee and the now army crawling 7 month old. At some point I plan to make up a ton of gifts and have them on hand. Crayon rolls are great with a little coloring pad. I also LOVE cds. A friend once gave us a mix CD for Christmas, we are still listening to it. We usually buy Ziggy Marley's Family time as our go to gift at the local toy store. 

Think handmade looks cheap? Many parents prefer handmade gifts as they are a break from the typical plastic-thing- kid-plays-with-them-once-why-are-there-so-many-damn-parts gifts. Get creative, think about the things your child likes to play with that aren't traditional. Capes, crowns, self play activities are great options. Pinterest has many projects you can make even if you aren't crafty! 

So back to the empty wallet and multitude of parties. My guy loves to practice writing his name and tracing letters so I said hmmm, what if I made a little letter writing kit? 


Sweet Letter Writing Kit: 

Printables from Confessions of a Homeschooler Laminated
Printable of the child's name in Word ( there are lots of websites to get traceable fonts, or you could write it yourself)
Dry Erase Crayons or Markers ( Target sells these for around $5 )
Fun Stickers
Draw String Bag to put everything in with the child's initial



What sorts of gifts do you enjoy giving that are handmade? 

No comments:

Post a Comment