Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Morning Sketches

As I continue to plot my new shop I have been trying to sketch more. I used to draw and paint a lot when I was in H.S. and college but as life got in the way I just stopped. I am trying to hone my crafts more.  Working on focusing, something I lack. Maybe I shouldn't say that on the internet. Oh well. Blogs should be honest. There is a difference between focus and drive. Drive is something I definitely have. It's hard to focus as a creative person.  There are so many mediums that jump out at us creative people. We are always looking for the next big thing to make. Sketching is nice, painting is nice, sewing is fun, fabric is distractingly amazing. Wool, don't even get me started!

Over the past two years I have made items that I thought would sell about 60% of the time. The other 40% I worked on items I wanted to make. That 40% is the key to my success as an artisan.

The lovely husband made the family waffles this morning with our new waffle maker. ( If you don't have one, you simply must get one, best 20$ I have ever spent!) So easy, I can't believe we were actually going out and paying upwards of $10 for waffles. I digress.

I know owls are at their peak in the craft world but I still love them. I felt inspired today as Giraffe was chanting 'hoo-hoo' all over the house:

I love this guy. He might end up on a shirt. Or a fabric! Wouldn't that be fun? I have never made fabric before... focus!

This little one reminded me of Giraffe. All over the place and funny.  Oh 2 is such a fun age.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely owl sketches and I agree that they'll look awesome on a fabric ;)