Saturday, March 6, 2010

Tips & Tricks: First Birthday





We survived the day I had been dreading for months. Not only was my baby boy turning the big ONE, I was hosting the party in our home. This involves cleaning all the dust tyranosaurus rexes you don't want any one to see, and of course making sure the food and drink is plentiful.

Tips for Your 1st Birthday Celebration:

1) Go as overboard as you want- your child turns one ONCE!
I was told by folks to forgo the fancies and keep it simple. This is so NOT me. I decided to make it what our family is used to: good food, good drink, beauty all around...

2) Order In!
We saves a heck
of a lo
t of time by ordering most of the food. We opted for a Lebanese deli that we love on the cheap! Adult vegan cupcakes were also ordered from a bakery and topped with fresh cherries.

Mama decided to make the kiddies cuppy cakes. vegan at that!

3) Pick one or two things you really want to do!
For us it was a champagne toast. We wanted to thank our fri
ends and family for being in our lives and to celebrate the New Year.
We also hired a photographer to capture the day. I wanted to be able to run around like the hostess that I am and not concentrate on picture taking. It was SO worth it.

4) Find an activity that the kiddies will enjoy.
Plastic pool + bag full o' balls= Kids play for hours!


5) Most of all have a blast- its a day to be remembered forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment