Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sewing Machine is in the SHOP...

What to do, what to do? My sewing machine is in the shop! Princess Janome should be ok-- her timing is off and her zig-zags look like crazy people, and she is mighty dusty. Should have her back in a week. In the mean time I had TWO gifts to sew, I caved and went to Gap Outlet for the baby gift. I believe I am going to have to go to a rent a machine place for the next gift because its for my son's BFF. In any case I have had to amuse myself with non-sew projects. I picked up the paint brush and was surprised to find that I could still paint. I have painted a few Easter eggs for Etsy.

As spring is around the corner ( praying for no more snow) I have developed a deep obsession with making my house the best place it can be. I want to rid the house of clutter and start fresh!
Below is some inspiration that I have had my eye on:

a2.jpg


Discovered a new fav blog, Two little Dicky Birds featured a lovely redo of some Bentwood chairs. I have four just sitting in my basement. These are fantastic antiques that have such potiental, I just need to get my butt in gear!


4432607414_ec39b9c604.jpg


What I would kill for a beautiful sewing area like this on dottie angel So organized just makes me want to sew... I like the creative use of the colander to hold materials. Check out the little wooden shoes on the wall. True story, I had a monogrammed pair when I was little left them at Charles de Gaulle airport.

via+Shelter+via+fric+frac+blog.jpg

I love these bulbous vases dripping with springy buds, Absolutely Beautiful Things from via Shelter via Fric and Frac

ss_101217513.jpg

Junky drawers needn't be tossed. Make it a pushpin message board! Great idea from BHG

tea-towel-violet.jpg

How pretty are these tea towels! They would so perk up my dull kitchen. design*sponge never disappoints.


Oh the possibilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment