There are few things I am not humble about:
1) I can make a wonderful roast chicken ( Yes I know, I am vegetarian. If you don't believe me bring a chicken over and I'll wow you.)
2) My magical thrift shopping abilities. I can find anything.
3) How adorable my son is.
Today #3 inspired me. Before I post What He Wore Wednesday I have to do this tutorial. With Easter hot on the horizon I had to get some spring pics taken of Giraffe. With little funds I was left with going to the dreaded, gasp, horror, The Picture People. Say what you will- you may love them, that's great, I don't. I don't like fake flowers, wagons, toilet paper in a baskets, blocks, etc. You get it. That is why there are so many kinds of bread- we all have to like different things. In any case, I had a coupon for $18 for a huge bundle of photos perfect for holiday giving! I hemmed and hawed about how to dress Giraffe and a few other little accessories to dress the photos up,
enter the tutorial:
Chalkboard Photo Sign
Large piece of cardboard
A stick or clean paint stirrer, or Shim
1) Draw your expression bubble on the wrong side of your cardboard. I used a piece that was laying around the house. Basically draw an oval with a little triangle on the side.
2) Cut it out with your exacto.
4) Allow it to dry and then your handle ( stick, shim, or paint stirrer) to the back securely with tape. I imagine if you have time you could cut a little fabric and glue it to the handle as well to make it prettier.
5) Not pictured: Take some white chalk and lightly color the entire chalkboard surface. Then rub with a rag to give it some dimension.